Spelt Chocolate Crepes
1/3 cup Spelt flour*
3 tbls cocoa powder
3-4 tbls sugar
pinch of salt
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbls melted butter
Topping of your choice.
1. Place ingredients in a food processor or blender with a pinch of salt.
2. Blend until smooth, then strain into a jug. Cover and set aside to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
3. Dip a piece of paper towel in melted butter and use to brush base of a 16cm non-stick crepe pan or frypan over medium heat. When hot, pour in just enough batter to cover the base. Tilt pan so batter covers base in a thin film and pour any excess back into the jug. Cook crepe for about 1 minute until underside is golden, then use a metal spatula to flip. Cook other side for just under a minute until golden.
4. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat for remaining crepe mixture, stacking crepes on the plate as you go.
* for a gluten free option try an all purpose gluten free flour.
Chocolate Sauce, Peanut Butter and Berries
Salted Caramel and Banana
Honey and Banana
Strawberries and Cream